A list of a few things I’m looking forward to doing in my post-CubeSpace existence:
- Gardening. The garden has gotten minimal to no attention the last few summers. I’m really looking forward to having the time to spend in the yard and grow some veggies this summer. Also, it will be great to get grapes trellised, the raspberries under control and reclaim the brick path. Oh yes, and some serious dandelion eradication. We’ll see how many laurel bushes get taken out over the course of the summer as well.
- Knitting. While I’ve been knitting all along, I haven’t been very creative in my knitting while at CubeSpace. It’s just taken too much of my attention and energy. I’m hoping to be able to do more creative work, and maybe some design work. For me, it’s an outlet for creative exploration, and I want to use it as such.
- Photography. I love taking photographs, but haven’t really spent the time to practice recently. Hoping to do some of that this summer.
- Beavers Baseball. I’m hoping to go to a baseball game or two this summer. I’ve been meaning to for years, but the last game I made it to was the summer before we opened CubeSpace.
- Cheap Movies. We live walking distance to the Baghdad Theater, the Laurelhurst Theater and the Avalon Theater, all of which show movies for $3 or less.
- Paycheck. It will be lovely to get work where someone is paying me for it. Just one of those dreams of mine.
I’m quite certain I’ll come up with other activities, and that I’ll discover that I have not nearly as much free time as I imagine I will. Nonetheless, these are a few of the things I’m looking forward to in the next stage of life.