It’s time for me to make something happen. To move a dream onto the path of reality. Specifically: it’s time to begin building an inner-East Side Jewish community.
There’s a lot of details left to work out. Some of them I’m deliberately leaving up in the air until I have a group of collaborators to create the community with me. Other details I just haven’t worked out yet. But there are some things I do know:
- It will be a community which, while Jewish, will be welcoming to non-Jews as well, whether in interfaith relationships or not.
- It will be a community which is welcoming to people of all genders, sexual orientations and identities.
- It will be a mult-generational community.
- We will join together to find fulfillment in spiritual experience, whether through traditional Jewish modes or less traditional modes.
- And there will be services, at least on occasion, because I like praying, damn it.